Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Fried rice and Salmon recipe


Hello readers, how is your week coming along. Mine has been okay so far, but the week seems to be dragging on quite a bit. I normally love checking out restaurants most evenings, however it's been a lazy, chill on the sofa week so far..or as they say it..a Netflix and chill week. This ultimately means I have to cook or I starve basically, and while I love cream crackers,



And alcohol 




I think we can all safely say that crackers and white rum evenings might just deduct a few seconds from my lifespan, so making dinner seems to be a more appealing proposition. The dinner in this case being a fried rice recipe I got from my older sister ( Lami). So here goes 

2 cups of Basmati rice 
2 cups of Stock or water 
1/2 diced onions 
Half a cup of Mixed vegetables ( I got mine from tesco)
Chicken Knorr cubes
Chicken stock pot
4 tablespoons of oil
Prawns 
Soy sauce 
Aluminium foil

1) Rinse the rice multiple times in water, drain and  parboil the rice for 10 mins in stock/water


2) whilst the rice is boiling, sautéed the onions in oil for a 2 minutes, add the knorr cubes, followed by prawns and then the mixed vegetables. Let it fry for 4 minutes.





Feel free to add some chicken strips as well


3) Add the parboiled rice to the mixture, ensure you mix well, add a drizzle of soy sauce and the stock pot.


4) cover the pot with aluminium foil, stir every 5 minutes, letting it cook for about 20 minutes.


5) This dish goes well with Salmon marinated in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder , left in 200 c oven for 20 minutes. 



Dinner is served 


                                There goes my evening. Hope you have a nice one as well :)


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Makele's Mouthful. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig